There are few floor coverings that are quite as popular or classic as hardwood flooring. My Floors and More now carries
more hardwood flooring options than ever. Homeowners of Pompano Beach can shop the latest trends in home improvement
fashions and get fast installation service.
Every installer who visits your home is certified by the state and licensed to protect your home. Your satisfaction with the finished hardwood flooring results is guaranteed. Need help? Whether you want a second opinion or more information, our customer service consultants are here for you. Contact one of our hardwood flooring experts online or by phone and get answers when you need them. When it comes to setting the standard in the industry, My Floors and More does it best.
Hardwood has a long standing history as a durable and beautiful choice for home flooring. This is likely because it has been widely available and dependable for centuries. There are even some historical homes that are nearly two hundred years old that still have their original hardwood flooring in tact. This is a floor covering that has the ability to age well with proper care. Here are a few other important facts to know when it comes to hardwood flooring:
- There are two types. When you begin shopping for hardwood flooring, you will most likely be asked whether you prefer solid or engineered wood flooring.
- Solid wood planks are solid pieces with no layers. It is the traditional choice that can be found in most older homes. This is the best choice for homeowners who want the longest lasting product possible. When it becomes dull, it can be sanded and refinished many times. It should only be used in dry environments that are above or below grade. Solid wood is prone to swelling and shrinking, so it should be installed with spaces between the boards.
- Engineered wood planks are made with layers of different kinds of wood glued together and pressed with high pressure. They are better for homeowners who are concerned that humidity will be high where the floors will be installed. It requires less time to wait before installation because it adjusts to moisture better than solid wood. It cannot be sanded and refinished as many times but is still long lasting.
- It can be finished at home or at the factory. You have the option to have a custom finish or a pre-finished product.
- At-home finishing is a better idea if you are only replacing part of the floor. This makes it easier to get a shade that will match the existing floor as closely as possible. This is also a good option for homeowners who want a more customized look.
- Pre-finished floors are the more convenient choice. You can avoid damages from dust or air bubbles that might be caused by the environment in your home. It also means a faster installation and finishing deadline.
- It can add resale value to your home. Expect the value of your property to raise when you add a hardwood floor. Hardwood is a desirable choice for potential buyers because it is long lasting and looks luxurious.
- It is hypoallergenic. If you or your family suffer from allergies, this can be the perfect solution. Hardwood will not hold pet dander, dust, pollen, mold, or mildew.
For the best deals on quality hardwood flooring in Pompano Beach, shop with My Floors and More. Search our online catalog to find the perfect choice for your lifestyle. With the help of My Floors and More you’ll be able to enjoy your new floor for many years.